Tuesday 2 June 2015

AUSTRALIA >> LONDON






(My Aunty & Uncle's street via my bedroom window) 

After tossing up what to name a travel blog for way too long, I decided to just stick with the ol' Whisky & Boy - so my blogging style will be changing a lil bit!

On the 31st of May, a very nervous but excited self jetted off on a 4 month adventure to the land of Europe.  With so many mixed emotions, second thoughts, and feeling home sick from the moment I walked through the departures gate, travelling alone is definitely harder than I thought.  After 14 hours in a tightly crammed economy plane seat, I arrived in Abu Dhabi and it is everything you would have heard about - hot desert and rich people. 2 hours seemed liked 10 minutes and before I knew it, it was back to horrible plane food and not being able to find a comfortable sitting position.
Another 7 hours down and I finally made it to LONDON! Little town houses fill every street, double decker buses scurrying around the busy roads, and street signs that look identical to those you see in Harry Potter - this place is literally everything I've imagined.

Lucky enough to have family that live just 30 minutes from central London, I can't wait to explore and discover all that I can in the 3 months that I'm staying in this beautiful place before I travel around the rest of Europe (If anyone has any suggestions of places to go/things to see let me know!)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment