Sunday 28 June 2015

Hyde Park








Summer has finally arrived in London, which means everyone makes their way down to Hyde Park for a picnic, pedal boat ride on the Serpentine, or a sunbathe (yes, so weird). The atmosphere as you walk through the park is so much different to one you would find back home, and despite the amount of people, it was still the perfect afternoon for a wander around.

20 minutes of walking in overly humid conditions and about 5 wrong turns later, I finally reached the beautiful Kensington Gardens. So wonderful! Walking through the vine arch and peering into the little gaps on the side to see the garden was so magical. 100% worth the visit, only a short walk from Queensway tube station! (Typically I only discovered this after walking from the complete other end of Hyde Park).
You can also hire a bike for 24 hours for £2 ($4) and ride around the park, and surrounds, which I definitely regret not doing! But I s'pose it gives me a reason to go back (not that I really needed one).

Definitely give yourself a whole day to explore Hyde Park, you won't regret it!

X

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Looks so nice there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to lounge in the green and white stripped chairs all the time, before I realised you were suppose to pay for it. No one ever came up to me asking for money for the whole two years I lived in London. But it's so much fun to sit in them and people watch especially on warm days!

    Megan || Oh Hey! blog

    ReplyDelete