Sunday 9 August 2015

Ireland








Spontaneous trips are always the best ones.  So with two weeks to spare and a family to visit, it was off to Ireland. And the best it was.
It was everything you would imagine Ireland to be - green and absolutely picturesque.  And what's a trip to Ireland without a visit to the Guinness factory?  The beer with a very acquired taste,  I definitely won't be going back for another one any time soon.  

Lucky enough to have family that live so close to both Dublin and quaint little towns, I was able to see parts of Ireland that I wouldn't have considered if I went on my own.
My favourite of them all was Carlingford. A little town filled with over-crowded cafes and toy-like houses, it would be an absolute dream if it wasn't for the ordinary weather.  The big mountains made everything seem so much smaller, everyone knew each other, and with a one way road that went around the whole town, Carlingford is a must do day trip when visiting Ireland! (If you're close to that area of course).

The land of old pubs and castles is not one I was expecting to love, but with so much to do and explore I wish I could have stayed for longer.

X

1 comment: