Saturday 22 August 2015

Tenerife










I'm not sure what I was expecting Tenerife to be like, keeping in mind the fact that I wasn't even aware of its existence until a few months ago, but I wanted to stay forever.  Despite not looking like much from the plane window, I can see myself going back to this little volcanic island time and time again.
Staying in one of the most amazing places I've ever seen definitely helped. The Hollywood Mirage, situated at the very top of the hill with incredible views looking over Los Cristianos, big white buildings named after stars like Marilyn Monroe and James Dean, Cactus' and Palm Trees, and pool areas with their own bars, it made you feel like you didn't even need to leave the resort.

After a few days of lounging around the pool and settling into the island lifestyle, it was time to see what Tenerife had to offer. First was Siam Park, deemed the No.1 water park on tripadvisor, it certainly lived up to expectations. Considering I didn't cringe when entering the wave pool, I guess you could say it was an upmarket Jamberoo (a.k.a the only other water park I've been to). 

From the Sunday markets with the prettiest playsuits and dresses for no more than 10 euros, the picturesque beaches, the friendly people, the good food, and the amazing weather, for such a small island, Tenerife has everything you could ever need.

Aside from the fact that there are copious amounts of Brits abroad, I could not recommend travelling to Tenerife enough.  One of the loveliest places I've ever been lucky enough to visit.

X

1 comment: